Succession planning and management (SP&M) is a fundamental tool for the perpetuation of any organization and its key leadership. Well-conceived, systemic, and deliberate SP&M processes do far more for an organization than merely plan for replacements. Strong SP&M processes align organizational goals so that core values are retained and the corporate vision is realized through continued successions.
COPE's unique approach to SP&M is comprehensive and ties an organization's foundation to its visionary activities. It is a developmental process extending beyond the ranks of senior leadership to cultivate talent throughout the organization. Our goal is to help organizations understand, identify, and manage the talent required to reach their future and design a dynamic, responsive, competitive, and sustainable organization that embodies all its employees.
Our work in SP&M includes:
- Writing Succession Plans
- Writing Emergency Succession Plans
- Organizational assessments
- Workforce analyses
- Individual and 360 assessments
- Development of personal learning plans and personal work plans to guide training, development, and career paths
- Delivery of training programs, executive coaching, and development
- Development of human capital metrics and tracking systems
- CEO searches